Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ramble Ramble 3 a.m.

Let me start off by saying that me starting this blog is probably going to be the highlight of my week. Well, that and the fact that my cousin (who reminds me very much of myself) just texted me stating that he hooked up with one of my old acquaintances. That definitely put a smile on my face.

I'm in Iowa at the moment. The current weather is 23 degrees, which is actually quite warm for this time of year. Originally from the great state of North Dakota, I can appreciate this weather. It's a shame I haven't left the house in the past couple of days, except to go with The Peacock (my roommate) to a local convenience store to pick up a couple of bottles of cheap red wine and some smokes. Convenient indeed.


I've been seeing someone for about a month now. We'll call that person "T". All has gone well with the relationship up until recently. "T", although an extremely nice person, is a recovering alcoholic and has managed to slip up for the first time in almost a year. As a punishment, "T" has to remained locked up in a rehab/halfway house for up to 30 days. What a great way to start off this relationship. I'm already looking forward to that kiss.

My personal style hasn't changed much over the last couple of years. I'd like to think I'm a little bit preppy with a dash of rock and roll. I love black t-shirts and stuff along those lines and it has become part of my daily uniform, (or at least part of my uniform when going out out on the down). At the moment I'm a disheveled mess in a beat up vintage Hollister baseball tee and some gym shorts. My hair, which is slowly but surely get longer, keeps brushing against my eyes making it almost impossible for me not to be annoyed. Through all of this, I'd still like to think I'm good looking.

I recently just finished a movie called "A Perfect Getaway" starring Steve Zahn, Milla Jovovich and Timothy Olyphant. Now I apologize to anyone who simply adores the movie, but I thought it was complete crap. Married couples on a Hawaiian island with killers on the loose? Come on! If I'm going to watch a movie, I usually go for something that's going to get an emotional reaction out of me. Naturally, this was not my choice of movie to watch, (blame the roommate). The only good thing that came out of that bonding experience was him making Hamburger Helper and me rehydrating after a long weekend of drinking. Thank you, H2O!

I hate the fact that Valentine's is approaching mostly because I've never had a good Valentine's Day. They usually ended up with a drink being thrown, an act of cheating and tears being had. I'll have to fill you in some on some of those details. Just wait to V-day.

I'm excited for later today because my dear friend "S" (or The Walibi as I may refer to her as from time to time) is stopping over to visit for a bit. She's actually the last guest I had over. Since she's busy starting a new life for herself with a fiance and a son, I try to keep her around for good coffee(Dr. Pepper) talk. Plus it gives her some time to have to herself... And we all need a little self time.

I feel as though I am rambling. Ugh! I suppose that was the easiest way for me to get this blog started. I hope you follow me as I continue to blog, ramble, reflect on memories past.... you get the picture.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment